Friday 7 November 2008

Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same...

The Roy Keane 'rant' (i.e. pearls of wisdom):

"Because of the industry now and the way it is, there are knee-jerk reactions and there seems to be a crisis at some sort of club every week. It's crazy," - Roy Keane

"I certainly don't see myself being in management as long as some of the others because of the media side of it, particularly Sky Sports." - Roy Keane

"A lot of punters are being brainwashed by what's real and what's not real and that gets to the players sometimes." - Roy Keane

Note: 'punters'

"We're on about league tables after a week, teams losing two games and it's a crisis. That's constantly being thrown into people's faces." - Roy Keane

"There was a debate this week about Arsene Wenger. How crazy is that? What that man's done for the game - and we're giving these people air time. I wouldn't listen to these people in the pub, and yet they're on television constantly, explayers, ex-referees getting interviewed giving out their opinions. I wouldn't trust these people to walk my dog." - Roy Keane

SPOT ON!

"They're brainwashing people. People say it's good for the game. It's not good for the game, interviewing people about Arsene Wenger after what that man's done for English football. It's amazing." - Roy Keane

"Will Arsene Wenger be remembered in 100 years' time for what he has done for football? Bet your life he will. Will these people on the television be remembered for what they've achieved? None whatsoever." - Roy Keane

"I was asked by ITV to do the Celtic-Man U game but never again unless I fall on hard times. I think I've done it once for Sky but I'd rather go to the dentist." - Roy Keane

"You're sitting there with people like Richard Keys and they're trying to sell something that's not there. I tell people any time they watch a game to switch the commentators off, don't listen to experts, gather your own opinion." - Roy Keane

Roy Keane... all is forgiven - you are now officially my fucking hero!

There's only one Keane-o, there's only one Keane-o, there's only one Keane-o!

Words cannot express how much I agree with Roy Keane... why not check the first couple of paragraphs from my first ever blog post to see how much I agree with him:

http://footballhasbroken.blogspot.com/2008/04/greetings-to-new-brunette.html