Tuesday 12 August 2008

You knew in five minutes, but I knew in a sentence

So why do we go though all this shit again? Because it’s football that’s why... and it never ends!

The new season has just about landed and tomorrow we, the Arsenal, play Steve McClaren’s FC Twente in the Champions League qualifier... ok – well, so I was wrong about the draw... but Barcelona and Liverpool did alright out of it with Wisla Krakow and Standard Liege respectively – mind you, we can’t grumble with FC Twente away in the first leg either. This match is on Setanta... Setanta and I have a disagreement, not only because their commentators and pundits are fluent in the seven shades of shite but also because they, like most media disseminators these days, seem intent on screwing their core clientele for as much as they can get – although I won’t go into it much... well, ok – I’ll bitch on about it for 3 pages:




Anyhow – the upshot is that I’ll be without Setanta for the first leg away due to me being ‘not entitled to watch this channel’... bastards.

I propose that on the return leg we all sing the umbrella song as a salute to McClaren managerial prowess to make him feel at home while his team loses 7-0 on aggregate.


Now it's raining more than ever
Now you’re not England Manager
You can stand under your umbrella
You can stand under your umbrella
(Ella ella ella eh eh eh)


Narf narf!

I’m going to have to do a rewind now to a few posts I posted way back when... first of all – let’s talk about Adebayor. Did he go anywhere? No. Is his agent a scumbag? Yes. He got a pay rise – he deserved it and I guarantee that he’ll work his arse off for every penny... I may still sing:


Adebayor, Adebayor
Give him sixty grand a week more
And he’ll score one in four


Every now and then just to give him a verbal kick... but on the whole I do not agree with the consensus from the fans that they ‘wish he had gone’ – it’s stupid and self defeating... a bit like reading the Sun.

Second rewind: Man City!

And lo – it came to pass... as I said - they are getting fucked. All Gooners take note over this current season as to what this type of ‘investment’ can bring to a club. Let’s see... Thaksin Shinawatra swooped in as ‘Jesus’ to the Eastlands faithful – he then rapidly proceeded fuck them in a dvda-ass-slap styleé. Thaksin now has an arrest warrant out for him, he is on the run from the Thai authorities in England (last seen shoplifting in the Guildford branch of Aldi). Thailand and England have an extradition treaty, will they ask for him and what are the odds on him going back I wonder? All this bodes very badly for Man City as if he didn’t give a fuck about them before he certainly gives less than that now. Thaksin is also broke (well – he has more money down the back of his sofa that I will ever have in my life but as far as he’s concerned he’s potless) as the Thai authorities have frozen all his ‘legitimate’ cash pending investigation/trial/confiscation. You don’t have to do much in the way of mathematics to come to the conclusion that Man City will have no more money spent on them and Jo, I imagine, will be sold on in the January transfer window... 'Sleeping elephant' indeed - more like 'Judas cow'! Clattenburg getting suspended from the PGMO for 'financial irregularities' won't help matters either:Google it!

I'm very tempted to stick a tenner on the following:

a) Man City being relegated.
b) Mark Hughes bieng the first manager to go.

I imagine that the odds are tumbling as I type... lump on!

For all transfer activity - this is a good link: Transfer news (BBC)