Tuesday 23 June 2009

My mother said, to get things done you better not mess with Major Tom

I've discovered something this week... I can use my skills in a way
that interests me - I used to be not very bothered about computers...
it was a job.

The Collective have decided to step up their efforts and get
organised. As the token I.T. Web monkey I volunteered my services to
create a private site to which we can all share our observations and
model what little data we had in a way that might yield results... but
then I got to thinking – why not just leech the data from any number
of existing locations and remodel it in a way that interests us to
give us a platform to base our observations and theories on.

So now, after a few days prodding around, I have managed to hack my
way to all the football statistic data I could possibly imagine.

And I can imagine quite a bit... right down to every kick both ball and shin.

Funny – I never thought I'd be a hacker, but trust me – it's easy...
and the doors appear to be wide open.

I'm also pretty handy with a database, so if we manage to model
anything 'interesting' I'll be sure to let you good people know...

I must get back to it... the season will start soon and there is still
much to be done!

It's going to be an interesting season.

:-)